[Glade-devel] Binding independent names

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 09:52, bighead users sourceforge net wrote:
Hey

I don't quite get what you meant by "preference of changing names for Widgets,
depending upon the language binding" ?

Archit

I think he is talking about namespaces in C showing up as the widget
name in Glade.  So the HBox is called GtkHBox but in Python which has
propper namespacing, the widget is simply called an HBox which is
contained within the Gtk package.

I would be opposed to an option to switch this on and off, as it would
add undue complexity, however I belive that GtkHBox is technicly wrong
and Glade should just adopt HBox as the name of the widget with Gtk
being the name of the package. Just a thought.

--
J5

Sridhar R <sridharinfinity yahoo com> writes:

Hi,

I think glade3 should support the preference of
changing names for Widgets, depending upon the
language binding.  For example, currently the
signal-list dialog list names based on GTK+ C library.
 But in PyGTK, the names doesn't contain the prefix
'gtk'.  Or instead of using GtkWindow, it can say
gtk.Window.

So it all depends upon the binding.  It would be
better if glade3 API (API for IDEs), supports setting
of binding dynamically, so that it reflects the name
change!

=====
Sridhar R
Email: r_sridhar users sf net