[Glade-devel] Re: GUI graph editor?

From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
What about adding the following kind of editor to Glade?
  http://www.infres.enst.fr/~elc/XXL/

I don't really see a benefit from the graph ... it's not
clear what advantage that has over the tree view in Glade,
since the widget structure is just a tree.

Maybe I did something wrong: I deleted a vbox and all widgets
in that hierarchy was deleted as well. I just wanted to replace
the vbox with slightly complex container arrangement.

Can a hierarchy in the tree be saved to file and exported in
another Glade session?

The basic stuff can be done in the tree, but I'm sure the graph
system could provide easier way to add future features to Glade.
For example, other nodes could contain pieces of C code for callbacks.
Glade could be used to write pseudo-widgets and those could be
stored to a library.

The current widgets are fixed items and hard to change, but if
pseudo-widgets could be programmed via graph, one could program
a new widget just by editing the graph.

Regards,
Juhana