[Glade-devel] Re-ordering the glade-3 palette

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 02:36 -0800, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
IMHO "Obsolete" should remain separate and only
contain deprecated
widgets.

What about widgets that are going to be deprecated?
There are a bunch of widgets in gtk+ that are just
gimp legacy (gamma, rulers, etc.), and the docs state
that in the future they will be put in a separate
library.  So even if they are not "obsolete" in a
strict sense (there is no new widget that does what
the old widget did), I will still want to put them in
the "Obsolete" category (or Miscellaneous).

I didn't know about those :) anyway I totally agree.

I was mostly thinking of widgets deprecated in gtk2-[024] like clist,
optionmenu etc.

I think that truly obsolete widgets, as
Gtk[C]{List,Tree} should just be removed.  If someone
really wants to use them, he's on his own.  We don't
need to make it easy.

Yeah, again 100% agree.

My only little concern is what happens when you try to open a glade
project which uses these widget?

Anyway it's something far from high prio, since we still have *not*
deprecated widgets which are broken ;-)

ciao
        paolo