[Glade-devel] New icons for the palette

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 08:29 +0100, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
* the TreeView one (or at least I think it's that, last on
the 4th row) is a bit confusing and too similar to
ScrolledWindow: IMHO the old icon did represent the "tree"
idea better.

I don't quite get this one.  The last icon on the 4th row is the optionmenu,
not the TreeView.  The TreeView is the second icon on the 4th row.

D'oh, my bad :)

OTOH this confirms that those two icons are a bit confusing :)

IMHO something like the old TreeView icon (which has a small tree
inside) would be better: the new icon is really similar to a Table.

About the OptionMenu I really don't know: I never liked the old icon,
but the new icon is very similar to other different widgets. It looks
like a paragraph of text with a vertical scrollbar (btw, do optionmenus
have a scrollbar?). On the bright side, note that OptionMenu is
deprecated in gtk+ 2.4 ;-)

ciao
        paolo