[Glade-devel] Glade 3 GtkButton Widget

I am trying to get/implement the "Remove Button Contents" Functionality
from glade-2 in glade-3, but am having little to no success.

I've attempted to change the gtkbutton.xml definition to disable the
standard label and use_underline properties on the button, and created a
special post-creation function to make absolutely certain that the
button gets created with a placeholder child.

The problem seems to be that the placeholder child never gets focus, so
  I cannot add widgets to it.  I even added a popup menu item to select
the child of a gtk_bin, and can select the placeholder child of the
button. However I still cannot paste, or add widgets to the button, or
placeholder child.

What am I missing, do I need to connect signals on the placeholder?

-Jon Farris