[Glade-devel] Glade 3 GtkButton Widget

--- Jon <jonf quatrefoil com> wrote:
I am trying to get/implement the "Remove Button
Contents" Functionality
from glade-2 in glade-3, but am having little to no
success.

I've attempted to change the gtkbutton.xml
definition to disable the
standard label and use_underline properties on the
button, and created a
special post-creation function to make absolutely
certain that the
button gets created with a placeholder child.

The problem seems to be that the placeholder child
never gets focus, so
  I cannot add widgets to it.

That's weird. Can you try again with a recent CVS
version?

I even added a popup
menu item to select
the child of a gtk_bin, and can select the
placeholder child of the
button. However I still cannot paste, or add widgets
to the button, or
placeholder child.

What am I missing, do I need to connect signals on
the placeholder?

No, there is no need.

If that still happens with the latest CVS version,
look at glade_widget_button_press. In this function,
glade_widget_retrieve_from_position should return your
placeholder when you click on the button.

Good luck!

Cheers,

=====
Joaquin Cuenca Abela