[Glade-devel] GIMP Docking Code in glade

Mark wrote:

Hey all,

Hi!

One thing that has always frustrated me about glade is the
inflexability of the UI. It can be quite frustration. I
felt the same about GIMP 1.2.x but GIMP 1.3.x uses a really
excellent docking system that allows me to customise my GIMP
UI and only show the items that I actually want to use. And
very importantly it lets me have all the all of it in one
window if I want.

I'm not going to go into detail about how it could work but
I'm wondering if you guys have/would concider using the
docking code in glade3?

Each time this subject show its head (on gnomedesktop, for instance) I
see people divided on two fields, those that like the current status
quo, and those that would like to have less windows.

Just for the record, I'm one of those that want to have less windows,
and like I was quite happy with gimp 1.3.x dock system.  I've not really
look yet at the docking system @egg, but I guess that I will use this
one (even if only for the sake of sharing code).

The most conflictive item to dock will be the toplevels windows created
by the user through the palette, but I hope to also find something to
dock them.