[Glade-devel] Commit -- latest patches

Paolo wrote:

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 18:09, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
Maybe it's better to just put a "kind of" edit box that
captures the
key pressed when it's focused, instead of the "show a window a do a
grab" approach.

I'm not a UI expert by far, but this does not sound that much
intuitive... I prefer a pop up dialog, but I doon't have a
strong feeling about it.

  We'll lost the possibility of capturing shortcuts like Alt-TAB
(every shortcut that's used by the WM), but it's not a good idea
anyway to set such a shortcut to a menu item...

Another problem thatcame to my mind is how to make this
dialog/widget fully usable with the keyboard if we grab all
the keypresses... I mean if it has an OK button and I press
ALT+o the OK button is pressed or I selected the ALT+o accel?

The idea was not to show a dialog, but:

1) show a non decorated window, with only a label saying:

"Press the combination of keys that you want to use as shortcut bla bla
bla"

2) do a keyboard grab

3) get the next keypress

4) remove grab, destroy window, and put the keypress on a label or
something

Kind of when you set a shortcut to an action on sawfish (or at least, it
was something like that some years ago).

The pseudo edit box approach is more or less the same thing that you can
find on games to setup your keyboard.