Re: [RFC] current ref: broken or not?

2009/4/26 Jesse van den Kieboom <jesse icecrew nl>:
> Guilhem Bonnefille schreef:
>>
>> I did some small test, and I feel that the stuff related to current
>> ref. is broken.
>>

> Indeed it is, your patch (first one, 90e241e2) looks pretty good. Currently
> the current ref is not even used I think, not sure why it is in there, I
> guess I wanted to display, or select the current branch in the combo, but
> never implemented that.

I suggest to remove or fix this part of code. I think it is not really
good to keep failing and dead code.

> I'm not so sure about showing the current branch like that, I would need to
> think about it some more what the best place for this is. Ideally I would
> like to show it in the combo box as the initial selection if gitg is invoked
> without a refspec. Other than that, it is indeed also quite useful in the
> commit view, but I'm not very happy with showing it next to the commit
> button.

I plan to experiment on the commit view. The main idea is to move
signed-off and other commit options (like author) in a dedicated
dialog.
A related idea is to move the "log message" text field in this "Commit" dialog.

--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- JID: guyou im apinc org MSN: guilhem_bonnefille hotmail com