Re: [RFC] current ref: broken or not?

Guilhem Bonnefille schreef:
I did some small test, and I feel that the stuff related to current
ref. is broken.
Indeed it is, your patch (first one, 90e241e2) looks pretty good. Currently the current ref is not even used I think, not sure why it is in there, I guess I wanted to display, or select the current branch in the combo, but never implemented that.
I did some changes around this in my "display-current-branch-name" branch.
http://github.com/guyou/gitg/blob/ddaf48ed3493a2318ab31e264babedecbe8d63ab/gitg/gitg-repository.c#L903

What's your opinion?

I'm not so sure about showing the current branch like that, I would need to think about it some more what the best place for this is. Ideally I would like to show it in the combo box as the initial selection if gitg is invoked without a refspec. Other than that, it is indeed also quite useful in the commit view, but I'm not very happy with showing it next to the commit button.

Jesse