Re: where to find GIR XML documentation?

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 07:29, Phil Clayton <phil clayton veonix com> wrote:

>     On 19/02/19 18:37, Tony Houghton wrote:
>      >  Or is it
>      > possible to get a typename by using g_base_info_get_attribute()?

Certainly g_irepository_get_info doesn't return a type info that
represents an alias type declared in a namespace.  It's not clear to me
how g_base_info_get_attribute could be used for alias information.  We
would have to check an attribute of anything with a type, e.g.
arguments, return values, properties?  Also, I can't see any
documentation about such an attribute.

The documentation for these attributes is especially vague even by this API's standards. When it said it gets an attribute for "this node" I hoped it might mean you could find attributes from gir nodes there, but it seems not. The documentation for g_base_info_iterate_attributes() implies otherwise without volunteering anything more useful. And to use that function you're supposed to allocate an opaque structure on the stack. Really?

--
TH