Re: [Gimp-web] Gimp 2.8 download

On 03/15/2017 09:34 AM, stephen burton via gimp-web-list wrote:

Hi Pat,

Thank you for your kind offer to help me in this matter. I did as you
suggested with a clean reinstall from the website of the latest
version. Unfortunately, I still get the same problem. You will see by
the screenshots attached to this message, I have a list of PNG files
which I want to open which gimp doesn't recognise. You will also in
the second screen shot that only XCF files are recognised.

The most likely issue: GIMP is not searching for plug-ins where there
are any, or vice versa.

The search locations are specified in the folders sections of the GIMP
preferences - see

https://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-pimping.html#idp15766256
and
https://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-pimping.html#gimp-prefs-folders-data

with an example for brushes.

You should change those to the location where you have installed your
current GIMP.

--
Regards,
Michael