Re: [Gimp-web] Social media: consolidation of comments

Hi,

On  22.1.2016 at 2:05 PM Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Sven Claussner wrote:

Having to check and search many posts on FB, G+, Twitter,
mailing lists and forums is a tedious work which easily
gets neglected, especially when you as a coder just want
to code your idea that seems so wonderful. Thus many
chances are wasted.

???

People have different roles in this project. Programmers don't
habitually check social media for feedback, and schumaml, patdavid,
and me -- people who check social media and maintain accounts -- don't
write GIMP code.

I know. In general I think it leads to better accepted software
(not only GIMP) if developers know about the application domain and the
users' needs. Having the relevant information in one single place
lowers the barriers to get the right information.

It would be a great help if all this feedback was in one place
and we could search it by topic easily

Implementing this is _incredibly_ expensive in terms of both money and
human resources if you want it to be any useful any time soon.

See, I work for a company that provides a social media monitoring
service. Accumulating this kind of information means: [... a lot ...]

Thank you for clarifying this. Indeed I wasn't aware of that.