Re: [Gimp-web] [Gimp-developer] Status Update on Redesign

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 3:17 AM Samuel Ricks <wcpyro gmail com> wrote:

I don't believe it would be possible to use server-side detection since
we're using Pelican.

This is correct.

It could be easy to do some auto-OS detection though. I am a JS developer
if you want my help doing that. Jquery makes it easier but I could try to
code a solution by hand to avoid including it if that's important to the
project.

I have implemented platform.js as an OS detection on the static downloads
page: http://static.gimp.org/downloads/

In the first paragraph is some red text that is an attempt at auto
detection.  If you get a moment to test it against various OS and report
back, that would be great (just trying to capture any edge cases at this
point, it mostly appears to work great).

http://static.gimp.org/about/meta/to-do/#download-page-auto-detect-os

I've been busy these past few days, but intend to get back to work in the
next week or so.  I'll send an update soon to the lists.