Re: [Gimp-web] [Gimp-developer] Status Update on Redesign

I think that just the previous news item with a link to the news page would
be best. I really like the way the rest of the sections look. makes it look
much more like a site an artist would like to go to.

Fantastic! I was going for something a little more modern and visually
pleasing to folks that might not necessarily be programmers or deep into
F/OSS.

It would be great to advertise this specially since I don't think the
current site mentions it. It might also be cool to see three or four of the
most populer plugins like you did with the "Key Component in a Desktop
Publishing Workflow" section.  short description and maybe an image showing
it off.

I agree, and I'll give a little thought to what would be good to showcase
here (or to cycle through possibly).

Please, please, please do this. after seeing other sites do this I can't
stand when a site shows me every single OS option out there.

Do you mean to do the auto-OS detection, or to not?

There are only two things I could suggest is that this site is not
responsive and that is becoming a big thing right now.  don't know how much
more work it would be to do that but it would be nice.

The site is actually responsive. Try looking at it on a mobile screen,
tablet, or simply resize your browser window. You'll see that the site and
content will adapt to the screen size automatically (I'm particularly proud
of the "High Quality Photo" section, where the text manages to wrap nicely
around the photo subject). I haven't tested yet, but it should pass the
Google mobile/responsive tests they are using to prioritize content in
their searches now (another good reason for the redesign).

 the second thing is (and I don't know if this is the second step after
converting all pages to the new format) the site does not look like the old
site.  It is immediately noticeable that this site has a new style and it
does not look like the GIMP branding.

This is intentional. I did borrow some colors from the old site, a couple
of images, and Wilber of course, but otherwise I didn't see a benefit in
following the old site too much. Other than Wilber and the occasional
graphic, I didn't think there was a strong branding per se. With that being
said, I will absolutely consider any elements that anyone thinks are
important to branding, and find a way to get it integrated!

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 8:40 PM Andrew Pullins <android2772 gmail com>