Re: [Gimp-web] Getting involved with the "Get Involved" web page

Hah, I just noticed that Mitch is also the administrator of this
mailing list, so I guess he really would know. I didn't really doubt
him, but I was holding out hope that there might be a GitHub or GitLab
-style way of submitting code changes. For those platforms, you don't
have to be a trusted member of the development team to make pull/merge
requests because changes can be reviewed before accepting into the code
base. And at the very least, they seem like an aesthetic upgrade from
the GNOME mailing list archives. I'M JUST SAYING. :P
Pat, static.gimp.org looks really good! I'm also glad about the switch
from server-side-includes to Pelican; a proper static site generator
was also something I was thinking of suggesting.
Okay, I'll make my patch against the gimp-web-static branch, then. This
patch is for `gimp-web/content/develop/index.md`:
 * The "Development Status", "Bug Reports" and "Web Development" headings seemed to me like they were really
subsections of "How You Can Help," so I set those to be h3 headings.
 * A couple times, in the "Hacking" and "How To Submit Your Changes" sections, I tried to borrow the tone of
Wikipedia's "Be Bold" guidelines.
 * I added a list of links to the most important GIMP repositories. I was going to mention gimp-web-devel in
this list, but it looks like no one has pushed any commits there since 2013. Perhaps that repo should be
archived?
See the attached patch file.
I'm of course open to feedback.
Thanks,
~Andrew
On Thu, 2015-10-22 at 12:00 +0000, gimp-web-list-request gnome org wrot
e:
Yes, the preferred method until you're known and trusted is likely to
get
the website from git, make your proposed changes and send a patch to
the
mailing list.

Do note that we are in the process of migrating the site to a
different
back-end infrastructure - so your patch _may_ be better aimed at
static.gimp.org (in the gimp-web-static branch of gimp-web).  Feel
free to
poke me if you need further instructions (because I still haven't
written
the README that jimmac suggested a over a month ago).

pat