Re: [Gimp-web] Fraudulent Exposure to GiMP Software

On 05.02.2013 23:26, Michael Payne wrote:

> I don’t think I have to tell you the implications of this in the eyes of
> the FTC and Craigslist, so I would like to know what your intentions are
> at this point?  Do we need to pursue this or are you going to take steps
> to end this fraud?  I am sure you have a fine product but this is NOT
> the way to get the word out.  In fact it has had the net result of
> exactly the opposite of gaining our interest and trust and I can all but
> guarantee you that after having this experience, these guys will NEVER
> use your product.  Not in the current climate.

See
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list/2012-August/msg00074.html

tl;dr: this is a scam, and tricks people into installing a trojan.

If you think that the FTC and/or Craigslist can help to kill this site
(or kill the people behind it, I doubt that anything else will help
against scams and spam in the long run), please let us know.

--
Regards,
Michael