Re: [Gimp-user] Help with 2.10.30

I followed your suggestions and I clicked on the text editor in the Tool
Options box to see my input and it was there.  Then I went to the Layers
dialog, selected Stack, and reversed the order of the layers so Layer 1 was
at the top.  I saw the text I entered was in the layer with the large T in
it but it was near the bottom of the stack.  I selected that layer, moved
it to the top, where it should have been, and the text appeared as it
should be.

I will be looking for a default setting for how the layers stack, with the
Base Layer at the top.  Are there default settings for such preferences
that I might not know are there due to their names or technical terms?

Thank you so much for giving me a hand and helping me to find the answer.
Be safe and stay well.

Old Crow Paula