[Gimp-user] Help with 2.10.30

My partner has no problem adding a text layer to a gif image using 2.8.22
Adding a text layer to jpg with 2.10.30 works fine.  Both of us have tried
to add a text layer to a gif image using 2.10.30 using the text editor and
pasting input from the clipboard and the result is invisible text, but if I
move the cursor over the area where the text has been inserted I can see
the rectangular boxes showing spaces where characters have been inserted.
I check the font, size and, color before adding text but it is not
visible.  I have looked at and tried settings in View, Layers, Images,
Preferences, Windows, every possibility I could change before coming to
this list.  I need your help, please.

Thank you.

Old Crow Paula

--

*"It's so nice to know so many nice people."*

*---Eddie Gallaher (1914-2003)     Radio Personality, Washington, DC
1947-2000*