Re: [Gimp-user] Canvas Size on Crop

Hi all.

Cliff Pratt via gimp-user-list (gimp-user-list gnome org) wrote:
No.
1) I open GIMP
2) The font size as I see it is 80pts.
3) I change it to 100.
4) I exit.
5) I reopen GIMP.
6) The font size is 100.

??????

If tool options get saved on exit is actually a preference option, as
mentioned in this thread already. This is something where I've never
really found out what I actually prefer. I personally like it when a
program starts up in a defined state (which requires disabling this
option), but having the tool options saved has its benefits as well.

Note that Gimp has a ton of places where its behaviour depends on
options. Weird tool behaviour is frequently related to the tool options
which at some point might even have been changed by accident.

And to everybody in this thread: Please be careful before entering in
"it works", "no it doesnt", "yes it does! I can show you", "it is just
broken!!1!" shouting matches. Gimp is not the same for everybody and
sometimes small changes can make huge differences to the user
experience. Be aware of that and be understanding towards towards the
people describing a gimp behaviour differing from your experiences.
Usually there is an explantation somewhere.

Thank you,
        Simon

--
              simon budig de              http://simon.budig.de/