Re: [Gimp-user] Canvas Size on Crop

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 01:36:15AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 19 October 2021 21:23:50 Cliff Pratt via gimp-user-list wrote:

The 'text problem' has been discussed many times, and the root cause
is people not understanding how the tools works. I did (for my own
satisfaction) quite a lot of fiddling with the tool + its options, and
I've been able to reproduce all the issues that I've seen reported. As
far as I can recall the issue was that the users were trying to change
things in two places, in the on screen editor, and in the tool
options. Changes in the on screen editor only apply to that box.
Changes to the tool options apply to either the current box or the
next box created. Changes to the current box are never (so far as I
can make out) applied to the tool options. There is no hidden default.
The tool options can be changed and are saved between sessions and the
next time you open GIMP they will be the same as they were when you
last shut down.

Cliff

I wish that were true, but I've had to expand the size of the font from
invisible to 100 points or more for every box of text I've used to add
captions or labels to a picture for at least 20 years. If its a tool
option, tell me please how to set it so its big enough to be read by
default. I ATM, have whatever version is std for debian stretch.

It is not a tools option problem

It is just broken.  Everytime I use it it defaults to 62pts and it
refuses to change.

It is just broken

It didn't used to be.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)