[Gimp-user] Gimp on M1 Macbook Air will not export in 300 dpi

Hi there. I’ve installed GIMP 2.10 (first .24 and then .28) on a new MacBook Air with M1.
It will not adjust print size on export.
I can change the image print size while on Gimp to 300 dpi, but the export is always 72 dpi.
Have deleted and reinstalled GIMP; have used current update.
GIMP will only export docs in 72 dpi.

Checked the issues archive and can find the problem discussed but no resolution.
Makes GIMP unusable for me :(((

Many thanks!
Julie