Re: [Gimp-user] [OT] Re: Update blocked by trend micro

On Monday 15 November 2021 00:03:47 R45XvezA via gimp-user-list wrote:

Hey,

I'm also a user, this is about misunderstanding and gimp is a
opensource software.

You should report this to trendmicro; not here and or say to your
administrator to whitelist the application; new update file (or may be
your admin has configured aggressive rules due to fear of ransomware,
exploit.. Lol. but those solutions (including competitors) reality is
something different than expect.

And for example, some FOSS applications come without code signing too
because they dont have money but those are usually block by such money
making security solutions

Since the download he shows in an earlier msg is an .exe.part, the first
thing I would do is blow that one away and go get it again, (AND its
checksum so you can check it yourself) this time from the gimp site, it
is an incomplete download and not even god knows whats it it. Then if
trend-micro fusses, fuss back at trend-micro. Better yet, remove
trend-micro.