Re: [Gimp-user] Orientations, Copyright Notices, metadata, and resized layers

Anyway, when I open the original photo in GIMP and choose "rotate", I
made NO other changes and simply exported the rotated image.  Then, I
opened that image in Firefox and it appeared correct:

https://imgur.com/a/tsgEiGF

Actually, you did nothing to the image if I understand you.  It is
just the same broken unrotated image reexported.

You didn't actually ROTATE it

Image==>Transform==>Rotate 90º Counter-Clockwise