Re: [Gimp-user] text mode, need instruct sequence

On 10/2/20 5:05 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
I just had occasion to caption some pix as an aid
to my wife who is not a computer whiz, in setting up a piano keyboard,
and the air was quite blue around me by the time I got done because
every time I tried to set one option in the text panel it reset
everything else back to the defaults.  And an 18 px black character
isn't more than a visible dot on an 8

Yeah - that has made me crazy as well.  The text tool's behavior is
completely unpredictable.  Everytime you touch it it does the unexpected
and it goes back to some default that it pulled from god knows where.

Mine has been stuck on 65 px like it is stuttering.

There used to be a decent scripfu text widget in the filters that is gone.

And one needs a drop down menu for font.  Who knows what fonts are
installed.  In 1998 I did this with the GIMP

http://images.mrbrklyn.com/brooklyn/tourmap.png
http://images.mrbrklyn.com/.cache/640x435-bars2.jpg

Just try doing that now.

or something like this