Re: [Gimp-user] Recommendation on GIMP

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 6:44 PM Kevin Cozens wrote:

What if I told you that we don't keep any of that a secret and
frequently write about it on the website as well as on Facebook and
Twitter?

I think you forgot to include the mailing list(s) as another source of the
information posted to the three locations you mention.

I didn't exactly forget this. The last time I asked, which was,
admittedly, a few years ago, each of the two popular mailing lists had
1K subscribers tops. That might sound like a lot but it really pales
by comparison to the reach we regularly get on social networks. For
the record, our top tweets within any single month regularly get ca.
35K impressions and we got 800+ new subscribers just in May (so far).
So it's more of a priority concern.

Besides, I tend to use rich media (screenshots, videos) to illustrate
new stuff. This does not play well with mailing lists at all.

That said, if you think list subscribers should be notified of new
changes and ongoing work, I'll definitely make a mental note of
sending text announcements to lists as well. That should not take long
at all.

The information should
be going out on the developer mailing list and occasionally on the user
list. Not all the (early) information would be of interest to the user
community at large.

I'm not sure I understand this. What information do you have in mind
for the developer mailing list?

Alex