Re: [Gimp-user] Recommendation on GIMP

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 4:07 PM yang junjie wrote:

Dear GIMP developer,...

Hello,

What if I told you that the foundation of GIMP is not shaky and ready
for non-destructive editing?

What if I told you that multi-layer selection is already done for the
most part and will be released as an experimental feature in the first
unstable version leading up to v3.0?

What if I told you that GIMP has been undergoing refactoring one way
or another for at least 15 years?

What if I told you that we don't keep any of that a secret and
frequently write about it on the website as well as on Facebook and
Twitter?

I think this is a great learning opportunity to me personally because
clearly a number of people expect to be told about all that stuff on
some communication channel that we don't cover yet, and I would very
much like to know what that channel is :)

Alex