Re: [Gimp-user] Recommendation on GIMP

On 2020-05-28 10:54 a.m., Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-user-list wrote:
What if I told you that we don't keep any of that a secret and
frequently write about it on the website as well as on Facebook and
Twitter?

Kevin Cozens writes:
I think you forgot to include the mailing list(s) as another source of the
information posted to the three locations you mention. I know I rarely look
at the website and I don't use Facebook or Twitter. The information should
be going out on the developer mailing list and occasionally on the user
list.

That's a good point. I subscribe to the gimp.org RSS, so I see the
announcements of major releases and all the cool new features ...
and they always take me by surprise because I've usually not heard
about any of it, even though I read the developer mailing list and
am on IRC a lot too (but apparently not during hours when cool new
features are most often being discussed).

I'm definitely not criticizing: Alex does a great job of getting
the word out, and I do see the release announcements in RSS, on the
mailing list, and sometimes on Twitter. And I'd rather see developers
spending time working on cool new features than worrying about
writing posts describing what they're doing. Still, it would be
pretty great to hear a little on the mailing list about what's in
progress, if anyone has the time to do that ... and it might even
whip up enthusiasm from potential contributors (wow, they're working
on THAT now? That's a feature I really care about, maybe I can help!)

        ...Akkana