[Gimp-user] [Citrix] GIMP doesn't see user's local drives

Since Adobe has removed the possibility of installing Photoshop on a XenApp server, I'm turning to GIMP as a
replacement.  And with everyone having to work remotely due to COVID trying to do our best to accommodate
everyone.

I know this may be a odd question for many of you to read.  But we use GIMP in a Citrix virtualized
environment (for education).  This way, no matter the device, a user can use the applications we present to
them.  Sort of like mobile lab access where ever you are.

BACKGROUND - the way this works is that we have a series of Windows2012r2 servers with applications installed
on them.  Using Citrix, users are able to launch these programs through a Citrix app on their local device
and it appears to run on their local device.  (windows, Mac, linux, ipad, android).  You can share the
clipboard between the devices. It's really a better kind of RDP session.
Through the Citrix policies I give access to the users to access things like local hard drive or local USB if
used.  In applications you can open/save a file and select the 'My PC' category (because it's running on
Windows-based device) and see options that Citrix provides "Local Disk C: on yourlaptopname" to indicate your
local device.

I didn't realize when I installed it, is that when you attempt to open/save you don't get your typical 'file
manager' to allow you to select "MY PC"
It does see the mapped network drives and the folders within their user profile.  But while that's ok, it's
important to be able to access the user's local device (harddrive or USB) when they are in this virtual
environment. So I need to see the top level "My PC"

Is anyone out there using GIMP in Citrix XenApp?  Have you found a way to add the user's local devices?
What this means is that I need to be able to give the user access to the "My PC" option you typically see on
a Windows computer's File Manager.

Is there a way, maybe through Registry, to add this as a folder option for all users?
Someone in a forum mentioned it may not be GIMP, but the GTK+ that does this.  But that doesn't mean anything
to me.

Thanks
Josh