Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2020 7:57 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: [Gimp-user] Book cover image density /resolution etc..

Greetings all,
I am a noob where Gimp is concerned. I have used it as a photo editor on a fairly cursory level and absolutely love it. UNTIL, I decided to try to use it to design the cover for my first book. I tried, I tested and stretched and ran myself mad trying to get it to do what I wanted and in the end I gave up and gave it to someone else to do in Photoshop because it was a quick fix and I only have a limited amount of spare time I can dedicate to these projects. I am now preparing to publish my second book and I am back to the same issues I was having before.. I have a Hi Definition JPG image ( I am currently away from the image or I could provide the resolution) that I have attempted to put into GIMP and the book cover I have is 6x9 inch cover, and the image needs to be a minimum of 300 dpi and when I go in to adjust the size of the image according to the instructions I have, (entering the dpi level in the X and then the cover size in the appropriate location, it resets the DPI level to something smaller. I had this same issue before. but could not get around it.. I spent hours going over how to interlace multiple images and it would cause a sane man to go mad...
And so I am hoping that I can get some help in figuring out this process.
Thanks in advance..
Mark