Re: [Gimp-user] translucent background?

On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 07:56:37 +0200
Ofnuts <ofnuts gmx com> wrote:

- a second layer under the text with a colored rectangle, adjust the
layer opacity to taste.

this is what I don't see a setting for. I'm using 2.8 and don't
understand where to change opacity. Sorry to be dense; the second layer
makes good sense, thanks!

Affectionate tactile stimulation is a primary need, a need which must
be satisfied if the infant is to develop as a healthy human being.

And what is a healthy human being? One who is able to love, to work, to
play, and to think critically and unprejudicially.

--  Ashley Montagu – Touching, The human significance of the skin. 2e
1978
makes sense but I don't see a setting for opacity