Re: [Gimp-user] translucent background?

On 22/04/2020 01:30, Dave Stevens wrote:
I want a rectangular text box with a translucent white background. I can
make it transparent but don't see a way to get, say, 30% transparency.
Can someone refer me? will RTFM.

TIA.

Dave

You do it with two layers:

- a plain text layer (letters at full opacity, on transparent background)

- a second layer under the text with a colored rectangle, adjust the
layer opacity to taste.

You can put both layers in a layer group so that you can handle them
together (move around on the cover, or move them up/down in the layer stack)