[Gimp-user] Gimp version

Thanks for the reply.  I am certain now that I did download '18' as a
snap from
the software center.  Still curious why that version does not appear
when I
search the software center.  I remember having to set permissions
before Gimp
would work properly.

....snip....

While the Gimp Help -> About  displays the version, look in Edit -> Preferences
-> Folders and the paths to the resources.

The attached shows a comparison both in Ubuntu 18.10 (now well passed
end-of-life)

There is a regular Gimp 2.10.6 plus a 2.10.18 flatpak installation which is
similar to a 'Snap'.

There is a difference which will give a clue as to which 'flavour' is in use.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1404/original/which-installation.jpg

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)