[Gimp-user] Gimp version

When I check the 'about' menu item, I see that I am running Gimp 2.10.18.
When I check Ubuntu's software area, it lists Gimp 2.10.8-2.  I assume that is
an old version, but wonder why it would be there instead of 2.10.18.

. . . and, if I have 2.10.18 on my machine, I'm wondering how it got there, as I
only install Gimp from the Ubuntu software area.

Maybe this is a question for the Ubuntu forum, but I am checking here in hopes
that someone can inform me.

Thanks.

Caruso

--