[Gimp-user] liquid rescale to fill transparent areas

This an be tricky depending on the extent of the area that needs to be
filled.

I've often found other problems - particularly if there's a large
gradient
of varying brightness across a sky

In the past I've had luck with cloning large sections of the sky or
just
copy/pasting a big region to where I need it and blending it by hand

Resynthesizer and G'MIC inpainting often work best when there's
texture
that needs to be synthesized to match it's surroundings, but might not
do
as good a job if it's a big area of gradient sky.

Hello Gary
Talking to a photographer that works and lives nearby , we often talk about best
ways to get the best out of images , his suggestion  (unless you have already
tried this) copy/paste a much larger than you need selection , make it a new
layer under main image , move that bottom layer left/right/up/down  until it
sort of looks umm ok then with the erase tool set at a large size with opacity
turned down down , I think he means to have it blend in  (as much as you can)
definitely I was told without using the smudge tool    , also mentioned that
using a non standard brush eg smoke/cloud/splatter type brushes set to large
size could also help .

My suggestion is keep experimenting and enjoy and that's what art is all
about... you never know when the next - "Happy Accidents In Art"  will happen

Hope it Helps & Good Luck

--
fa-flyingalone (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)