Re: [Gimp-user] liquid rescale to fill transparent areas

This an be tricky depending on the extent of the area that needs to be
filled.

I've often found other problems - particularly if there's a large gradient
of varying brightness across a sky (this is exacerbated when the images are
shot late in the evening or early in the day - but can be just as
troublesome on a clear day as well).

In the past I've had luck with cloning large sections of the sky or just
copy/pasting a big region to where I need it and blending it by hand if
necessary.  I'm not at a GIMP machine at the moment to demonstrate, but if
you post an example image over on the pixls.us forums I'd be happy to maybe
record a quick video of attempting a repair.

Resynthesizer and G'MIC inpainting often work best when there's texture
that needs to be synthesized to match it's surroundings, but might not do
as good a job if it's a big area of gradient sky.