Re: [Gimp-user] using darktable or rawtherapee different results

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 06:11:56PM -0400, Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Fri, 2019-09-20 at 23:59 +0200, antonio montagnani wrote:
I am shooting in raw format. In the past I used GIMp+Ufraw, today I
have
to use GIMP+Darktable or GIMp*Rawtherapee.Surprsie, I get different
results, for example the red of Ferrari is correct in Rawtherapee,
while
there is some violet in Darktable. Any idea what to check or I have
encountered in Darktable, that (but I am not sure) was correctly
operating in the past

This sounds more like a darktable question than a gimp quesiton - i
think there may be a dt forum at pixls.us or at darktable.org?

However, since you're here - try checking the white balance module in
darktable, and also switch off the base curve module, and see if that
helps.

slave liam (ankh)

Alternatively, the forked ufraw at github (but not nufraw) should
still build.  But you would then need to create png files (16-bit
for preference) from ufraw and open those in gimp.  Tiff files might
also work, but I'm wary of those (in the past, parts have not been
understood - Thousands of Incompatible File Formats).

It's sad that ufraw is no longer supported, it's a much _easier_
build than DT or RT, and I found that both of those had far too many
things to learn.

ĸen
--
thread 'main' panicked at 'giraffe',
/tmp/rustc-1.32.0-src/src/test/run-fail/while-panic.rs:17:13