[Gimp-user] Giving up on GIMP

Hi

This is my last resort before giving up on gimp.

Why? because I cannot restore brushes. I click on the brush select
tool
and just see blank thumbnails. I have searched online and followed all
the tips I can find in the internet to fix the problem. The two
brushes
folders I should have are present and both contain files. I have
completely uninstalled and cleared all program remnants and
re-installed
it - still no brushes.

I am all out of ideas now.

I am obviously not alone with this problem so if anyone knows how to
fix
it please, please tell the world - otherwise Gimp is junk.

bigwib

Hi
At first thought it could be a tags issue but since you are getting the
thumbnails ?

strange that there blank thumbnail very strange, I would have thought that
brushes would be there or not be there, blank thumbnails sounds a bit deeper
that's why details are needed.

I reckon that a least one screenshot would be of help and as stated by the
people posting previously

some specific details about the environment that you and Gimpster work in, going
by this I guess you are on windows
Could you tell us What version windows and where did you get Gimp from, PLease

btw who else or where else did you see this problem, links be good too.

Don't forget the 'screenshots and details'   so these nice people donating their
free time can help you solve this,

--
fa-flyingalone (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)