[Gimp-user] Giving up on GIMP

Hi

This is my last resort before giving up on gimp.

Why? because I cannot restore brushes. I click on the brush select tool
and just see blank thumbnails. I have searched online and followed all
the tips I can find in the internet to fix the problem. The two brushes
folders I should have are present and both contain files. I have
completely uninstalled and cleared all program remnants and re-installed
it - still no brushes.

I am all out of ideas now.

I am obviously not alone with this problem so if anyone knows how to fix
it please, please tell the world - otherwise Gimp is junk.

bigwib