[Gimp-user] Best method to work with batch of images

Hi everyone, I'm very new to GIMP and photo editing.

For a project that I'm working on, I need to rotate a batch of images
(50k+),
the good news is that the rotation that I need is constant and Gimp
works
perfectly for that.

I tried with a single image and everything that I need is to do is to
open the
.jpg, use the rotation tool with the following options: 0.2°, cubic
interpolation and crop with the original image ratio. After that with
just
another crop around the image borders the process is complete.

Clearly I can't do that for 50k+ images and I need some automated way.
I saw
that there is the possibility in Gimp to import external tools/scripts
or to
work via console.

With the premise that I know how to use Python, what do you think is
the best
way for me? Plug-ins like Bimb only rotate the images for fixed amount
of ° and
I'm worried that I can't set parameters such as the interpolation. Can
I do that
via scripts or the options are very basic for them too?

I tried so search on the web for suggestions but the results are old
and maybe
something new is already available

You can still use BIMP and 'Other GIMP procedure' As the screenshot. Deprecated
procedure but still works. You could write your own script using those rotate
functions.

However 50 thousand images? Is Gimp the correct tool for this. ImageMagick (IM)
is better suited for large batch operations.

Ask the question on the IM forum https://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/
In the user section where they are very helpful.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1263/original/bimp.jpg

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)