Re: [Gimp-user] Resize and crfop an image

-----Original Message----- From: jellylegs7
I have some massive images that I need to resize for a WordPress website feature
image (1200 x 600). I need to resize and crop them, but I would like to be able
to adjust where the crop ends up being so I can see clearly and choose which
bits of the original image end up being in the new version.

Rick Strong writes:
See if this link works for you:
https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-tutorial-quickie-crop.html
The crop tool looks like two overlapping "L" shapes, btw, not a knife.

That's a good tutorial, but in case you're unclear on how the Fixed:
Aspect Ratio works: you can type in your desired image size, e.g.
1200:600 (or you can use 12:6, or any other two numbers that have
the same ratio, like 2:1). Once you've set the fixed aspect ratio,
Click in the image and drag out the rectangle to show the parts you
want, then click inside the rectangle you just dragged to finish
the crop.

Then use Image->Scale, set the Width to 1200 and hit Tab: the Height
will magically turn to 600, just what you want. Click Scale, and your
image is ready to export to whatever image type you need.

        ...Akkana