[Gimp-user] Resize and crfop an image

Hi

I am very new to GIMP, and I am sure what I am trying to do is quite
straight
forward but I can not work it out. Please help!

I have some massive images that I need to resize for a WordPress
website feature
image (1200 x 600). I need to resize and crop them, but I would like
to be able
to adjust where the crop ends up being so I can see clearly and choose
which
bits of the original image end up being in the new version.  How do I
do that
all please?

TIA!

You do realise that scaling down by any considerable amount loses quality

however

one way is https://youtu.be/-qDUdMCcZ_o  duration 2 min 20 secs

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)