[Gimp-user] Creating This Effect - Please Help

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Personalised-watercolour-ultrasound-picture-keepsake/dp/B07DFPQ7H8

NoWhizzKid,

Without seeing what the ultrasound looks like, folks on the forum are flying
blind. We can see where you want to go, but we cannot see from where you're
starting.

But ...

If your ultrasound looks like any of those one sees in a Google Image search for
"baby ultrasound" I think this is doable.

1. Crop ultrasound as desired to remove unwanted stuff
2. DUPLICATE the ultrasound layer and make it grayscale; Colors -> Desaturate
3. Add an Alpha Channel to it: Right-click layer, select Add Alpha Channel
4. From Colors menu, select Color to Alpha
5. In window that appears, note the Color option, White by default
6. Click it and a color selection window appears, click in the color box on the
left in the black corner to make Black the Current color and click OK
7. This makes Black transparent and any color BELOW this layer will show through
8. Add new WHITE layer BELOW the ultrasound image layer
9. Add transparent layers above the WHITE layer but below the ultrasound layer
for the colors
10. Use Paint brush to paint on each color with desired color, e.g., brush Oils
01 set to 350 in size (or however you want, different sizes/brushed for
different colors).
11. Keeping adding layers for the number of colors you want and paint on them;
play around with different brushes and different sizes, too
12. Use Layer Opacity on each COLOR layer, set to 50%; as you do this you should
see the white of the ultrasound layer showing over the color layers; vary the
opacity % to make differing colors more or less visible.

Something like the attached Gimp file. Note I did NOT clean up the ultrasound
image I used for this (found using Google Image search).

Regards.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1291/original/baby_ultrasound.xcf

--