Re: [Gimp-user] Unsupported color mode CMYK

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 9:53 AM rich404 <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
It works very well, especially since the current Gimp roadmap relegates CMYK
support to a version Gimp 3.2 However to be fair

quote

Should a new developer join the team to specifically work on CMYK-related
features, we will do our best to help him/her to complete this project and get
it to our users as soon as possible.

unquote

Not holding my breath.

For some interpretations of this dengerous oxygen deprivation, you can
stop now. Support has been added to both babl and GEGL to handle CMYK
images - which can be be used and tested on the commandline - and used
in the experimental alternative GUIs for GEGL that are in git. If
someone hooks this code up to GIMP I will be diverting some more of my
already thinly stretched attention back to the CMYK code in babl and
GEGL to make it fast as well. :)

/pippin - https://pippin.gimp.org/