[Gimp-user] Can't use color replace on this PNG

I've been trying to figure this out for about 2 hours now. I'm trying to edit
the yellow emblem on this character's chest but nothing I do will allow me to do
so. I can freely draw on it but I really want to use color replace to change the
colors. The image I've been trying on is pl00a01. I changed the mode to RBG and
merging layers but nothing works. Any help at all is appreciated.

Attachments:
*
https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1285/original/DS_DSi_-_Mega_Man_Star_Force_2_Zerker_X_Ninja_Saurian_-_Tribe_King.zip

--