Re: [Gimp-user] Text gets enlarged automatically upon ...

On 5/19/19 8:52 PM, chrisj wrote:
When I try to edit a .xcf file (of text words), and select the correct layer,
then select the Text tool, a box pops-up stating "Confirm Text Editing". When I
select 'edit' that text layer enlarges automatically beyond the canvas area.
Very annoying.

I just did a little project (using GIMP 2.8) and ran into the same
thing.  In my case, this happens when the text was created in a larger
version of the image, when I later scaled down.  Scaling the image does
not change the initial text size setting, so when the text layer is made
active for editing, viola:  Giant text.  Saving the XCF file after
adjusting the text size will fix this - for the one text layer in question.

:o)