[Gimp-user] Text gets enlarged automatically upon ...

When I try to edit a .xcf file (of text words), and select the correct layer,
then select the Text tool, a box pops-up stating "Confirm Text Editing". When I
select 'edit' that text layer enlarges automatically beyond the canvas area.
Very annoying. Anyway to edit without that happening? I don't know how to easily
edit at that point. What's going on there?
Any help is appreciated

--
chrisj (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)