[Gimp-user] Text gets enlarged automatically upon ...

When I try to edit a .xcf file (of text words), and select the correct
layer, then select the Text tool, a box pops-up stating "Confirm Text
Editing". When I select 'edit' that text layer enlarges automatically
beyond the canvas area. Very annoying. Anyway to edit without that
happening? I don't know how to easily edit at that point. What's going
on there?
Any help is appreciated

Also, there seems to be a dialog box above the canvas, and the the tool options
below. The box above the canvas (with Arial Heavy) seems to be controlling the
text, but the tool options box (calabri bold) below has the anti-alias checkbox,
why are there two? And how can I apply anti-alias to the text, if the above one
is controlling the edit? see attached image

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1177/original/gimp.png

--
chrisj (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)