[Gimp-user] Garbled interface text

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem!

Hi -- Downloaded latest Gimp for Mac (using El Capitan), and my
interface looks completely garbled. Like fractal numbers. So as you
might imagine, learning to use it will be a bit difficult (especially
since I'm a tad math challenged :).

I tried changing the language, figured out which setting would be it
and while I couldn't read which language is which, I tried a few (one
of which was likely english, since it had the same fractals in the
beginning for three different sequential languages).

I thought it might be an issue with the current release, so I also
downloaded and installed the last 2.8 version, but it exhibited the
same problems. I've rebooted my mac in between as well.

Any ideas? Thanks! Philo

--
Ayohwife (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)