[Gimp-user] Removing unwanted dots from image

Hi. I have an image with a lot of light irregular dots all over it which I'd
like to remove. Is there a simple way to do this? Attached is a section of the
image which hopefully shows what I mean. There was a lot of black in the image
and I managed to remove the undesired dots from this, as the attached image
sample shows, but I'm struggling to do the same on the colored sections. Be
gentle with me, I'm a totally novice to this!

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1160/original/Serenade_sample.jpg

--
pinballslave (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)